Last updated on May 29th, 2020
The Personal Data Controller is Postmeta Games Limited (Meta Publishing) with its registered number HE 395082 and the registered office in the Republic of Cyprus at Aigaiuo 83, office 104, Lakatamia, 2302, Nicosia, Cyprus. Postmeta Games Limited is the administrator of the Personal Data provided by the User.
This policy applies to your use of the ComonGames services. By “ComonGames services,” we mean any of ComonGames or Meta Publishing websites, games, game developer tools, applications, or other products or services that link to this policy. Additional terms and conditions may also apply to your relationship with ComonGames/Meta Publishing, depending on how you choose to interact with us. Please read this entire policy to make sure you fully understand it.
Please see “How to Contact Us” below to learn more about sending us any privacy-related questions or concerns you may have.
1. Information We Collect
We generally collect information in three ways: (1) you voluntarily provide information to us, such as signing up for email alerts, (2) we collect information automatically from your use of the ComonGames services, such as through cookies or our games and other software, and (3) other parties, such as game console platforms and social networks, may provide information to us. Each of these methods is described in more detail below.
1.1. Information You Provide
You may provide your personal information to us when you choose to use the ComonGames services. Because we change our offerings and features from time to time, the options you have to provide us with information also may change. Some of the most common examples of situations in which you may provide information to us include:
- Signing up for email alerts or subscribing to receive other information from us;
- Completing a survey;
- Contacting us for any reason, such as by email, including for technical support or customer service.
Some of our websites also provide a feature that supports job applications, in which case we also ask for your resume, real name, email address, and phone number. We use this information to determine if you are qualified for the position for which you applied or to contact you to set up an interview.
1.2. Information We Collect Automatically
We collect information automatically through technologies such as web browsers, cookies, log files, web beacons, and our back-end servers collect usage data transmitted from the ComonGames services. We use the information for purposes such as modifying or improving features, managing advertising, addressing technical issues, preventing fraud or misuse of our services, and conducting data analytics. The type of information that we automatically collect may vary, but generally includes:
- Technical information about your computer, device, hardware, or software you use to access the Internet or our services, such as IP address or other transactional or identifier information for your device (such as device make and model, information about device operating systems and browsers, or other device or system related specifications);
- Usage information and statistics about your interaction with the ComonGames services, which may include the URLs of our websites that you have visited, URLs of referring and exiting pages, page views, time spent on a page, number of clicks, how long you used or played it and when, and other usage statistics;
- Crash reports, which may be automatically generated when a game or application crashes and includes information about your system and the crash;
Please note that if certain features on the ComonGames services are provided by third parties, those third parties may also use automated means of data collection and may record information about your use of the ComonGames services or others’ websites over time. These features are subject to those third parties’ privacy notices and policies.
2. How We Use Information
As a general matter, we use and share the information we collect (either individually or in combination with other information collected as described in this policy) to help us provide, improve, customize, analyze, and market the ComonGames services where we have an appropriate basis to do so.
We rely on several different legal bases to process personal information for the purposes disclosed in this policy. These often depend on the exact nature of your relationship with ComonGames, but common examples include:
- To support our legitimate interests, such as:
- To communicate with you, respond to your requests, or provide you with updates and information;
- To better understand our users and their preferences;
- To personalize your experience, save your preferences, authenticate our users, and provide similar user-experience features;
- To develop, deliver, and improve our products, services, and other offerings, some of which may be offered in partnership with other parties;
- To manage and customize advertisements or promotional offers;
- For security purposes; and
- For internal purposes such as auditing and data analysis.
- When you give consent, which you can withdraw at any time.
- To comply with legal obligations.
We store personal information for as long as we reasonably need it to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
Marketing Partners. We may share certain limited information, such as device identifiers, with marketing partners for purposes of executing and optimizing campaigns, and gauging the effectiveness of advertising and other marketing strategies solely on ComonGames’s or Meta Publishing’s behalf.
3. Your Choices and Controls
We seek to provide you with meaningful choices about the personal information you share with ComonGames/Meta Publishing, as well as the ways we may use or share that information.We’ll generally only ask you for personal information that is necessary to provide the ComonGames services you request. You can choose not to give us personal information we request, but if you decide not to, you may not be able to access certain parts of the ComonGames services and some features may not work as intended.
We may also seek your prior consent to process your information in certain ways. You aren’t required to provide consent if you do not want your personal information to be processed for the requested purposes, and may withdraw your consent at any time. Any withdrawal of consent is only effective on a going-forward basis and will not impact processing we undertook while relying on your consent.
Other examples of your choices include:
- You can browse our website without providing any personal information. We may collect some limited information automatically, as described above.
- You may opt out of receiving our marketing messages at any time by using the opt-out mechanism provided in the message.
- You can change your privacy settings on other parties’ websites, such as social networks, which will stop or limit our receipt of information from those other websites. You also may choose not to use social features we make available. If you choose to use these features, you should refrain from posting personal information that will be visible to others, such as including your email address in a forum or during a chat.
- You may change your browser settings or take other steps to block, manage, or delete cookies. Not all of our websites and online services currently respond to browser “do not track” signals, so you will need to use your browser settings to effectively manage cookies. In some cases, blocking or disabling cookies may cause our websites not to work as intended and some features may not be available.
- If you are under the age of 18 and have an account for our websites you may request that we remove certain content that you provided, such as deleting or editing comments you have posted. You also may ask us to assist you in removing or anonymizing content you have posted by contacting us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section of this policy. Please be aware that taking these steps may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted on our websites. We also may not be able to remove content you post if applicable law requires us to maintain the posting or if another party has re-posted the content to a website, app or other online service that we do not own or control.
You may also exercise and amend your choices by sending an email to us as detailed in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
EEA and UK residents may contact ComonGames’s data protection officer with any questions or concerns about our handling of personal information at email@example.com. EEA and UK residents also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority if they have concerns about ComonGames’s or Meta Publishing’s handling of personal information.
EEA and UK residents may contact ComonGames’s data protection officer with any questions or concerns about our handling of personal information at firstname.lastname@example.org. EEA and UK residents also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority if they have concerns about ComonGames’s handling of personal information.
California Residents. If you are a California resident and are not a job applicant, employee or employee of another company interacting with us in your job, you have the right to ask us what personal information we have collected and shared about you, the right to request deletion of your personal information, and the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of these rights. For more information about exercising these rights, send an email to the address specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Sales of Information. ComonGames/Meta Publishingonly uses the personal information we collect to help provide, support, and improve the ComonGames services as described in this policy, and we do not sell this information to third parties.
4. How We Protect Information
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information from accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use and other unlawful forms of processing.
This policy may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our personal information practices or relevant laws. We will indicate at the top of this policy when this policy was last updated. Please review this policy every time you access or use the ComonGames services to make sure that you have reviewed the most recent version.
6. How to Contact Us
If you have general questions or concerns about the ComonGames services, please contact our Support team.
To learn more about ComonGames’s privacy practices or this policy, please email your questions to email@example.com.